Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Ugh...

Wow, I do not feel well at all. I spent literally all day on the arms of my character and they're still nowhere near how I want them to be. I don't know what's wrong with me lately. My character doesn't even seem that frustrated/angry in my shot. The arms are killing me, and I haven't even gotten to the second half of the first shot, let alone the second character and the second shot. I seriously wish I wasn't so slow. I don't have a lot of time left and have a ton of work to do.

I saw the AM student showcase reel, it's OUTSTANDING! None of my work was on there of course. I can't even animate angry arm swings (-_-) so there's no way my stuff would be on there. Maybe next time...

2 comments:

Amrit Derhgawen said...

Hi there Jocelyn!

I can understand your frustration. Don't worry!! We all pass thourgh this kinda bad phase, where we put a lot of time and effort on something.... and we get nothing out of it! We don't get the results we actually deserve.....huh!

Your work is not in the AM showcase, well....yeah! Thats not a good news....:( But hey, just keep doing your work and enjoy everything you have. Sometimes you wanna give your character a personality, or life... and you have a very clear picture of that in your mind.....but when you start working on a rig or something, nothing seems to work. You try and try..and finally, you get tired.... You just don't get success in anything.. I think...this happens to everyone! And its quite normal...(I guess!) I've seen your work, and you're really good at it. So, no need to worry! Cheer up! Keep your mouse rolling and keep animating!! Good luck!! :)

Cheers!
-A

Jocelyn Cofer said...

Hey Amrit, thanks for the pep talk! Things are going better now, at least with my second shot. Hopefully I'll finish refining it before the day is over so I can continue working on the first one.