Monday, August 21, 2006

Refining and A New Lecture

Hey everyone. I've decided to go ahead and post what I turned in yesterday. It's in the refining stage right now. I haven't gotten to the facial stuff. My goal is to spend the last three weeks on that. Anyway, I'm having problems with IK/FK blending between frames 177-181. This is the first time I've used switching on such a small move so I'm still trying to get rid of the pop that's there. Other than that I guess this shot is coming along. I need to spend the first half of the week getting the first shot to this stage and the second half polishing both of them. I've got a lot of work to do. >_< Week 7 Refining

This week's lecture was on Advanced Entertainment by the legendary Doug Sweetland! I feel like I've learned a TON of new stuff in regards to acting and such. LOL, I feel like I should reanalyze my assignment based on what I've learned. In fact, I think I'll do just that. The first shot still needs a lot of work so making some changes shouldn't be too time consuming.

The more lectures I watch the more I realize how huge acting is. I feel like by now I should have body mechanics and "how to animate" down pact. It seems like I should really be focusing on acting choices and such rather than the specifics of how to animate whatever the character needs to do. In some ways I feel like I'm there and in some ways I don't. I still have trouble with arm swings and what to do with arms that aren't doing anything. Animating Brussels turning around in my first shot was very challenging as well. I'm sure I could benefit from doing some more body mechanics tests. I hope to do some of those next quarter since I'll be planning for my short rather than animating shots.

No comments: