Monday, November 27, 2006

Thumbnails

Hey everyone. Here are some thumbnails that I've drawn over the past few days. I figured it would be a good idea to get started on the thumbnailing process since that will be one less thing I'll have to do when class 6 rolls around. I've been reading posts in the forums about class 6 and it sounds like I'll need all the time I can get to animate my short. I had planned on blocking out my short over our three week winter break but I'm starting to change my mind. Since planning is of the utmost importance, I will focus on thumbnailing and shooting as much video reference as I can. That way I'll be fully prepared to start blocking once all of that is finished. Here's what I have so far:



The first two pages are thumbnails for the first scene of the short. It's not finished since they only go up to the part where Taylor wakes up and realized that Twitch is a pathetic monster. The third page is just different poses of Twitch cowering. I don't like the pose I have right now in layout where Twitch is scared by the movie he's watching.Originally he was going to hide behind a pillow/cushion but I couldn't find a 3d couch with removable cushions on it. Right now I like the very last pose the best.

The final page was how I went about trying to solve the clarity issue when Twitch has to make faces in the bathroom mirror. That layout version of that shot isn't reading properly so I've come up with a shot to put before it to show that the characters are in the bathroom and are looking in the mirror. If I go with that idea, I'll have to move Taylor to the other side of the room to avoid staging confusion. The drawings at the bottom of the page are just thumbnails for how Twitch and Taylor will jump out of the closet in the next shot.

No comments: