Monday, October 23, 2006

Sketch

I got my e-critique on my final story pitch last night. My mentor said he thinks my short will be charming and cute! That's excellent since that's exactly what I wanted. He said it's going to be closer to the 60 second target length than the 30 second one. I figured as such when I started storyboarding the other day, LOL. That's fine with me though. Thankfully my schedule has worked out so that I'll be in class 6 in the winter quarter. That means I'll have a nice break between class 5 and 6 for Christmas. Rather than playing and having fun, I will be blocking out my short in advance. That way I can show up to class 6 with a fully blocked out short. That should give me an advantage time wise and should help me finish it on time.

Anyway, after viewing our lecture on storyboards I became inspired to draw. Last night I told myself my official storyboards wouldn't be lazy and ugly like the ones in my previous post. I decided to develop how Taylor (the boy) would look in my storyboards and this is what I came up with:

It's quite obvious that I hardly ever draw people and as a result clothing. In fact, clothes are one of the main reasons why I don't draw people. I suck at drawing it and coming up with designs for it. LOL, I am in no way a fashion person and it's obvious when you look at Taylor's outfit.

No comments: