Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Maybe Not

Okay, I just got a critique from my mentor on my final two story ideas. He really likes the monster story as opposed to the show dog idea. As usual my monster story is now pretty much nothing like my original idea. I figured it's for the best though. My mentor's a story guy so he knows what's possible in the time frame that I have to work with. Looks like I'll be working on the monster again tomorrow. The sucky thing is I'm being held up by a seemingly simple thing: teeth. I'm trying to model a set of teeth for my monster and it doesn't seem to be working. I know how I want them to look since I can draw them but I cant seem to get them right in 3d. Tomorrow I'm just going to make individual teeth and just place them in the character's mouth, rather than trying to make the teeth and gums out of one piece. Hopefully that won't take too long. I really need to start rigging him. Thankfully I have a book on modeling and rigging that finally uses a non-human cartoon character as an example. He has antennae, a tail, and everything so that's a huge plus. We'll see how far I get by the end of the week.

No comments: