Wednesday, October 04, 2006

My Lil Monster

Hey guys. I'm in the process of creating a character for my AnimationMentor short. It's a cute little monster who will need to learn how to scare people. Things are going well so far...Then again I hardly know anything about character modeling. LOL, for all I know this model could end up being impossible to animate. His arms/shoulders are giving me a bit of trouble. I'm trying to get the back of the arm to melt into his back without actually creating shoulder blades, LOL. I want to keep him cartoony like my drawings. Hopefully I wont have to try to make shoulder blades, as I have no clue how to do that and will more than likely make a mess. Other than that, I like how he looks so far...

I really like the top drawing of the character with his antennae. I'm not sure if I should keep them though, they seem a little unnecessary. Originally he didn't have ears and just had the antennae, but he looked too much like a bumblebee. What do you guys think, should I add the antennae or not?

No comments: