Saturday, May 20, 2006

2nd Pass Blocking

I saw Over the Hedge today! It was wonderful! One of my favorite talking animal films so far, excellent job Dreamworks/PDI! :D

Anyway, sorry about the previous post. I was upset but I'm alright now. I heard what I needed to hear. I know that your school doesn't really matter and its up to the animator to raise the bar, I guess I just needed to hear it from somewhere else.

Once I got back from the movie, I continued to work on my blocking. Here's pass 2: golden poses and some keys...

Pass 2 Blocking

1 comment:

anthea said...

Hey Jocelyn, sorry for all the posts today, you just have a lot of great things to comment about today! I am liking your dialogue piece so far, I do have a few small crits.

After he lights the match you have a lot of movement and poses on frames 28, 51 and 70, and he seems to be moving a lot there. I think you should find your one golden match holding pose and work within that, not only to make it less busy but when someone is actually holding a match they tend to not move too much to guard it from wind and such.

Also the big move into the intense part of the dialogue, fr 86, that pose isn't reading very clearly, yes we are seeing that he's moved closer to the bear, but the intention and attitude isn't reading in the silhouette.

great work, keep going!!