Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Studying

Today ended up being a study day drawing-wise after a few failed attempts at sketching Rapunzel. Andreas said he'd look at my animal drawings so I figured it would be a good idea to have an animal as the subject of one of my studies. After failing at drawing this sailor guy, I decided for my next study to deal with the face and eyes in particular. When I finished the horse drawing, I pulled out one of my anatomy books and studied the muscles in a horse's chest area. Lol, it probably would have been more beneficial to do that prior to actually drawing the horse. I think the eyes were a success as well. I feel like I have a better understanding of what exactly is going on there anatomically. The evil eye on the top left is my favorite of the bunch. =D

2 comments:

W said...

Hey it's seems your becoming more satisfied with your drawings(even though I see nothing wrong:). The horse looks great.

Also by Andreas. you wouldn't happen to mean Andreas Deja would you?

Jocelyn Cofer said...

Thanks! Yeah, we both love to draw animals so I figured I'd show my him sketches. I'm still waiting for a good time to do so and I cant wait to hear his feedback. I know it'll be amazing! =D