Sunday, May 16, 2010

Skulls From Last Night

Hey guys,
I chose to draw a couple of skulls last night in preparation for moving on to people. I spoke to one of the animators at work about how helpful it was for her to do pages and pages of skulls before trying to draw realistic heads. I feel like I struggle with the human face more than anything and that having a solid understanding of the structure beneath it will be a great help.

The drawings are filled with errors, but I'm leaving them in just as before. My mistakes will be there in person for Glen to view and thus shall be true here. I am quite pleased despite the proportion issues though. Both of these were done via blind contour with looking down at the page every now and then. I think that's why the lines are significantly less "hairy" than the ones in my previous drawings. Hurray for improvement!

No comments: