Thursday, August 27, 2009

Life Drawing

After days of reading Drawn to Life and drawing nothing but animal characters for Deviantart commissions, I've been itching to do some life drawing. I knocked out a few pages tonight that I have varying degrees of happiness with. I've also been really admiring Chris Sanders' style and worked on a few attempts to emulate it.

I've been wanting to work on my feet, hands and faces for some time now. I feel like I have a better understanding of the structure of the foot but I'm not 100% confident yet. I still feel like I'm missing a few more pieces of the puzzle but I'm getting there. The leg in the center is from one of Chris Sander's drawings. I wanted to see if I could copy his style from an existing drawing before trying to apply it to a drawing of my own.


My attempts at trying to get more appealing leg shapes.


A 10-20 min drawing. I didn't think to time myself, so I'm not sure exactly how long it took.


Finally, here are my attempts at drawing in Chris' style. Lol, now I need to learn how to draw heads, hair, and faces to go with them...

1 comment:

Sue Safianoff said...

Nice work, Jocelyn!