Thursday, July 27, 2006

Practice Makes Perfect

Earlier this week I received a commission which requires me to draw in the Boondocks anime/graffiti/sequential art style. I'm very excited about this since I've been practicing with that style for a while now. The fact that I have a commission will force me to get a move on with mastering that style and will speed up the advancement of my drawing skills. In fact, I want to spend the rest of the day drawing, LOL. Hopefully I'll be able to finish setting up the layout for my new AM project before the day's over. If so then I'll draw until I start to fall asleep, LOL.

Anyway, I did some studying last night. I looked at some Boondocks pictures and noted how the character's eyes, brows, noses, and faces were shaped. I also went to one of my favorite sequential artist's portfolio site and studied how he drew the same things as well. I'm making progress...

Here's my attempt to draw my alter-ego character in the graffiti style. I like all of her except her chin. That part didn't come out the way I wanted it to. Other than that I think she looks cool. With practice she'll look even better though. Oh, the lines below her are studies that I did of graffiti fire and part of a hand, LOL.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»