Saturday, July 08, 2006

Pirates!

I saw Pirates of the Carribean 2 last night...it was great! Johnny Depp is the most versatile actor in my opinion. I still can't believe that Jack Sparrow and Willy Wonka were played by the same person. Johnny Depp is an excellent source to study when it comes to getting into character and bringing a particular character to life. Since I'm in advanced acting class now, I was sure to pay attention to the characters acting choices. While I haven't had enough AM lectures to fully grasp and understand what I saw, I was able to pick up on a few things here and there. Though I am by no means one of the simple Johnny Depp fangirls, I have serious respect for his acting skills.

Alright, I'm back and ready to type some more. The next character that made Pirates great was Davie Jones. He looked stunning! Everytime I saw him I was blown away by his facial animation. Later, I found out the ILM was behind the cg stuff in the film. That explains why Jones was so well done, lol. Excellent job ILM!

No comments: