Saturday, January 21, 2006

My Blocking

I finally have some blocking that I'm ok with. For my assignment I'm doing an about face and its turning out to be harder than I thought. My peers have provided a great deal of help and I really appreciate it. One student even gave me links to some video ref and a detailed description of how the about face should be done. Right now Ballie is doing a "sloppy" about face for two reasons:
1. The guy in the ref video was doing a "sloppy" about face
2. Ballie doesn't have a control that allows him to pivot on his toes.
As a result, Ballie will be rotating on his heels until the rig is up-dated.

Anyway, I showed my blocking to a friend last night and he really liked it. He pointed out some places where the arcs needed work and reminded me to watch the weight on the turn. He told me that I'm going to be an amazing animator and that I'm improving rather quickly. Reading that made my day! I was very unsure about my blocking and it was wonderful to hear that it wasn't as bad as I thought it was. So without further ado, I give you my blocking:

About Face Blocking

No comments: