Monday, January 30, 2006

Layout

I just finished my assignment for Animation Layout class. We had to draw an animation flatview depicting the location that 18th century mice would have a secret meeting. I chose the graveyard since I thought it was a cool idea and because I don't like drawing buildings.


I suck at drawing backgrounds. >_<

Our Tarzan assignments were due today and were critiqued by the class. For every assignment people said things like "thats amazing...hahahahaha...thats excellent....hahaha....great job". When my assignment was played the room was completely silent. I sat there waiting to hear some input from the class and recieved none. My teacher pointed out two areas that he thinks should have more slow out, but aside from that nothing was said. After class I approached him about this and he said that he couldn't find anything wrong with it. Later he said he'll try to find something to write about on the grade sheet. While I was annoyed that I didn't get a "thats wonderful/excellent" from my classmates, my teacher's "I couldn't find any errors" made me feel much better. Sure I didn't have time to have my character eatten by a crocodile, bounce off of fish, backflip in the air, or pole vault. You know why that is? Because rather than spending time adding a bunch of extra stuff, I worked hard to make my assignment great. I'd much rather have a great assignment without a bunch of fluff, than to have a bunch of extra stuff with crappy animation. Anyway, my version was complicated enough since I did two extra swings and had to sell the idea of the character really wanting those bananas.

Sorry if I sound arrogant in the above rant, for thats not how I ment to sound. I just get pissed when people cheer for crappy animation with extra stuff that has NOTHING to do with the assignment instead of for good animation. -.-

No comments: