Tuesday, November 01, 2005

A Head Start

Today I worked on my assignment for this week. I got a lot done and am tempted to say I'm finished. I'm at the point where I have to push myself to get the animation to the next level, rather than taking the easy route by claiming to be finished. I would like to post a link to it, but my SCAD studentpages are still acting up. I'll bring my thumbnails, blocking, and smooth animation to Monty tomorrow and upload it there.

In the mean time, I've been very active on the forums today. I found the student critique section and am angry for not finding it sooner. I got a crit less than a minute after asking! It's wonderful! I've never had so many people looking at my work at once! During the first critique I realized that I went about the animation the wrong way. I used the layering method that I've been using on the bouncing ball assignments. As the result, my animation looked like the ball was causing the thrust and the leg was just along for the ride. During my speech class I redid my thumbnails and used my strict pose to pose method for animating it. Everything was 100% better as the result. I don't know why I didn't do it that way the first time. :P

Anyway, it's late and I should probably go to bed. I'll post my assignment tomorrow.

No comments: