Monday, November 07, 2005

The Eye of the Storm

Phew, sorry about the last post. I just pulled an all-nighter trying to get my motion studies project finished. I didn't finish before I was kicked out of Monty so I had to get up early this morning to work before class. I believe I got a grand total of three hours sleep. Strangly, I dont feel tired. o.O I guess it'll hit me this evening. Anyway here's my final for last week's assignment:

One Leg Final

This week we have to do a vanilla walk. That should be simple enough since I've done them before. I'm sure I'll find a way to complicate it though.

I literally just uploaded my motion studies project. It can be found at the link below if anyone would like to see...

Film Festival Countdown


The assignment was to make a 15 second short that has something to do with this year's film festval. My original idea was WAY too long and complicated. It involved my character dressing up as various Don Bluth characters to sneak into the events. My teacher said I could do something involving someone trying to get tickets. I decided to animate how I felt about my film festival experience this year. I wanted to go to the closing event because Don Bluth would be there. I got my tickets in the second week of October (the festival is Oct 29-Nov 2) and the Don Bluth even was sold out already. I was very upset. Anyway, we had to use Aftereffects so animated the camera movements, show tickets, and the ticket man with the program. Everything else was animated traditionally. If I had my way, the entire short would be traditionally animated but I ran out of time. :( After animating, inking, and coloring everything I put the shots together and compressed them in Premiere. Obviously something went wrong in that process since the colors mess up at various points of the short. That really bothers me, and the fact that I dont know how to fix it makes it worse.

No comments: