Tuesday, February 03, 2009

More Interest

Awesome, I just got a call from Tippet Studios a few minutes ago! They received my work via AM career services and wanted to check my availability. They saw my resume stating I'd be finished at SCAD in the spring and said to contact them in early May. I told my father the good news and he made a great suggestion. He said to find out if it would be possible for me to take Senior Portfolio online so I can take the class while working in the industry. He agreed that it's ridiculous to keep having to turn down offers, when the whole point of going to school is to prepare you for a job.

I emailed the department chair a few moments ago to plead my case. If it wouldn't be possible to take portfolio online I also asked if I could present my reel and possibly get credit for the class. The purpose of the class is to create a portfolio that will appeal to studios, so wouldn't it be a waste of time if I'm already getting offers with my reel? I figured getting industry experience beats recreating a reel with the same work any day. I also told him I hoped it doesn't sound like I'm a slacker or like I dont want to do the work because that's not the case at all. I just don't want to have to keep turning down great opportunities.

Am I doing the right thing by inquiring about this?

1 comment:

David Alvarez Carrascal said...

Hey Jocelyn if you ask me I would say your father is right.