Monday, February 09, 2009

Conclusion

Hey guys,

I think I've decided what the hardest thing about 2d animation is: keeping your character on model. As I toil away at my senior project, I've found that keeping my own character on model is a constant struggle. I really enjoy 2d but I wish I knew how to over come this problem. I'm not sure if it's a lack of proper draftsmanship or not understanding the character's construction. I don't really have any problems drawing her body, but Priscilla's face is always difficult. I feel like she looks like a different character in every drawing.

I really miss 3d right now, lol. I think I'm going to shuffle my independent study assignments around so I'll have a 3d assignment before my 2d scene. In the meantime, I'm still really bummed about the Blue Sky thing. I keep thinking about how I'm missing out on a chance to animate one of the things I've always wanted to animate: dinosaurs. I tell myself that there's sure to be another film with dinosaurs in the future and that I might end up working on it, but it doesn't really help. I think I'd feel better if I weren't sitting here working on my senior project. I can't wait to work on something different.

No comments: