Friday, July 17, 2009

Different

I think I'm going to do things a bit differently with this squirrel shot. Dreamworks is accepting reels for Siggraph attendees and they ask to have everything in by the 27th. I'd like to use this squirrel test on my reel, but I know I wont have it finished in time since it's almost 30 seconds long. After much deliberation, I've decided to at least block everything out like the 2d version and then pick a section to finish off for my reel. My two choices are the beginning hundred or so frames and the part where the squirrel jumps across the gap and catches himself. I'd like to try to finish those two sections off as much as possible so I'll have some new content on my reel. It really sucks that I had to spend so much time doing freelance projects. I could have had a completely finished shot for my reel if I hadn't done them, but the bills had to be paid somehow.

Here's a look at what I've done so far...



There need to be some timing adjustments when he comes out and walks forward. I'm going to address those later though, as I'd like to keep everything in sync with the 2d version until I've gotten all of the poses in there.

No comments: