Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Next Level?

Hey guys,

Sorry for the lack of updates on my Norman shot. I'm having some problems with it and am trying to get them fixed before I post it again. I feel like my 3d work has been sitting at the same level for some time now and I'm trying to push it to the next level. Of course, that's easier said than done. I've been trying to analyze Alex Fleisig's shot to use as an example. I love how subtle yet loose his animation is here. I'm really struggling with loosening Norman up. Whenever I add more movement to his spine it always feels like its too much. Yet Helen's torso barely moves except for the few obvious spots where she leans forward, turns to the right and moves up and down. I emailed Alex a few minutes ago about his shot.

Hopefully I'll be able to figure this out soon, as I really want to be rendering this shot and sending it off to Pixar on Wed.

No comments: