Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Earthquake!

Wow, a hour ago a 5.4 earthquake hit CA. I've never been in an earthquake before and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. In my mind an earthquake means buildings being torn apart, the ground splitting, fire, screaming, death. Thankfully there wasn't any of that today. I didn't know what was going on at first. It felt kind of like being in a boat as it rocks back and forth. It wasn't nearly as violent and jarring as I expected a quake to be. I guess the feature animation building has and awesome earthquake proof design or we were simply saved by all of the Disney magic. The only damage done was a light fell from the ceiling not too far from my office.

The sad thing is, while people huddled under desks and stood in doorways I rushed back to my computer and hit save. Lol, we all may fall into the ground and die but at least my animation would be saved. XD

Once it started to die down people started cheering and clapping, lol. I wonder how the people in the ABC building across the parking lot reacted. When I went over there for lunch all of the business people were walking around as if nothing had happened, whereas everyone in Disney building had stopped working and was wondering around laughing, talking, and cheering.

No comments: