Monday, February 25, 2008

Do Over

Hey guys,

Unfortunately, my professor wasn't happy with my layouts so I'll have to redo them. She said they didn't have enough depth and suggested that it would be better if I stuck with black and white since I doubt I'll have enough time to color everything. I took another look at Jennifer Hager's reel again and realized my environments are too detailed. I really like the soft look of her layouts in Sky Bound and was using that as inspiration for my film. I showed the reel to my professor but she said the layouts in that film were flat as well.

I'll see if I can go back after classes today and rework my images. I really liked the children's book illustration feel so I'll try to create a better sense of depth and lighting without loosing that style. I also think the black outlines are too extreme and are taking away from the softness of the piece.

No comments: