Monday, March 26, 2007

Finished Already

Hey guys,

Today was the first day of class at SCAD. I received my first project for Animation II and finished it a few hours ago. We had to animate two bouncing balls and show that one was heavier than the other. I haven't decided whether or not I will add some subtle squash and stretch to this or not. I really need to spend as much time as possible on my AM short, so anim II is pretty much secondary to that. I'm pretty sure this is enough to give me an A as it is. It's really hard to leave the shot alone though. I can tweak things for hours on end, but I cant afford to do that on an assignment that won't even be on my reel.

I also think both balls slow down to a stop a tad too quickly but fixing that would fall under the spending-hours-tweaking-the-tiniest-things-instead-of-moving-on-to-what's-really-important category, lol.

For now I'm calling this done. Tomorrow I will resume working on my short since I only have one class. I am debating on whether or not I should just do all of the pre-mid term assignments in advance and spend the rest of my time working on my short. All of the assignments are easy, we have to do animate two emotional bouncing balls, a flour sack walk, and a run. I'm pretty sure I can knock all of those things out in a couple of days. I'm just worried about finishing them in advance only to find out that the prof. wants something really specific.

Bouncing Balls

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey Jocelyn, the bounce before the ball hits the far right wall, it feels like it leaves at a more horizontal angle than it hit the ground at.

and then the bounce after it hits the wall, it seems a bit smaller in comparison to the two previous bounces.

i also think the horizontal distance between each of the bounces at the end is a bit too much considering the ball stops that quickly.

on the heavy ball, the bounces at the end, seems to ease out of the contact.
also i think it rolls back off the wall a bit too quickly.

hope your short is going ok.

Jocelyn Cofer said...

Thanks a bunch for the crits Kris! :D