Friday, April 28, 2006

20 Min Sketches

I had to go to the open model session today to get some ref for my Life Drawing II assignment. Since the models in the long pose room are normally reclining I decided to go to the 20 min room instead. I needed a drawing of one of the models from behind and thus the long pose room wouldn't have provided me with that. Anyway, I hadn't been in the 20 min room since my first quarter at SCAD and am happy to say that I've improved quite a bit. Previously, there was no way I could get a whole figure onto the page in 20 min, but now that's changing. With more practice, I think I'll be able to make some nice and hopefully accurate line drawings from that room.

Anyway, my drawing teacher always says to do a few quick gesture drawings to warm up and that your first picture is always bad. In this case I am inclined to agree with him. I didn't do any gesture drawings before I drew this and as a result it's rather sucky. Oh well, it's not going to be turned in so its ok I guess. The second drawing sucks too. I need more practice at drawing people from behind. :( I like my last drawing much better. I only wish I had more time to develop it. The pose was really appealing and was rather unique since most of the models just sit in the "generic sitting pose".

Oh yeah, I also re-photographed my old lady drawing from yesterday.

20 Min drawing #1:


20 Min drawing #2:


20 Min drawing #3:


Clear Old Lady drawing from yesterday!:

No comments: