Wednesday, September 14, 2005

First Day of Class

Today was the first day of class at SCAD. Luckly for myself I only have one class on Mon. and Wed. so I was able to go out and get some supplies. I've been assigned my first project for Motion Studies class. We have to make some kind of weird animation by painting/marking or scratching on a strip of black or clear 16mm film. It seems a bit challenging since it must be non-objective...I'm not very good at the whole "abstract art" thing. So far I plan on making some kind of short story about a dot or a line, depending on the soundtrack I use.

In AM news, I have read my orientation guide and watched the orientation video. I can't wait to find out who my mentor is!

I need to find out what time class starts though. My roommate said that if class starts at 6 then it'll be at 9 here. I hope that's not the case because if it's true then I won't be able to attend the Classical Animation Society this year. Oh well, perhaps I can go to CAS after the lectures are over.

No comments: