Thursday, March 25, 2010

Today's Gestures

Hey guys,

I tried to focus on angles and rhythm during today's drawing session. I think I'm getting better but I'm still not where I want to be yet. I read two of David Coleman's awesome books at work and really like his comments about how drawing from life is like weight lifting. I'm definitely going to buy at least one of his books for inspiration and to study. I also need to get volume two of Drawn to Life.

I'm also working on a Rabbit pencil test at home during the evenings. I have a longer scene in mind, but first I'm going to start out with a walk cycle. I figure that'll be a good thing to start with and if I like it, I'll use it in my longer test. I'm really excited about it though. My mentor has experience in 2d as well and worked on Jane from Tarzan among others. I'm sure he'll have lots of amazing Disney wisdom for me.

No comments: