Monday, March 01, 2010

Most Exciting Month Ever

March of 2010 is the most exciting month ever. This is the month where lots of awesome things are released. There's:
Princess and the Frog on dvd
How to Train Your Dragon
Alice in Wonderland
Final Fantasy XIII
God of War

All of those things are a must see/buy. March is also exciting because it is the month of my final review. It's next week actually, and all of us are nervous. My mentor says I shouldn't worry, but that's easier said than done. There are quite a few reasons why logically we should be kept but nothing is guaranteed. I have enjoyed my time at Disney immensely and REALLY hope to stay. I want to be like the guys there who've been Disney animators for 11+ years. Unfortunately, I don't have any 2d animation to show but I will be including life drawings with my 3d animation. Hopefully my mentor will mention that I can animate in 2d as well and hopefully that skill will make me more of an asset to the studio. There's a lot of hoping involved, lol. I'm not sure when we'll get the results and I'm trying hard not to be on pins and needles until then.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh wow! Best of luck! 6 months sure did fly by fast.

Jocelyn Cofer said...

Yeah, it did. I can't believe its March already. XD Thanks a bunch for the luck. It seems like I'm getting more nervous the closer we get to next week. I really want to stay here.

Long N. said...

Life drawings are the foundation of hand drawn animation. If you're confident in those gesture drawings you will be fine in your future as a hand drawn animator.
P.S. I wanted to ask for your critique of my reel but I haven't sent it to you yet. I'm wrapping up another piece of mine soon; I'll email you in a bit!