Saturday, July 10, 2010

Why I Never Animate 100% Straight Ahead

Hey guys,
I got my traditional animation lightbox and a new disc in the mail the other day! I'm really excited about finally being able to work in 2d at home. I tried it out for a couple of hours this evening and its working great! This crazy straight ahead animation test is what I ended up with. Lol, its a great example of why I dont work completely straight ahead. I haven't gotten to the point where I can just sit down and coherently animate something without planning everything out first and starting off pose to pose.

Tomorrow I'd like to start on a real 2d test. I'm stuck between animating Bambi prancing around in a circle, some kind of flying creature or a dog going through an agility course obstacle. So far, I'm leaning towards the first one. It sound extremely challenging and its a variation on an assignment that Andreas suggested during our meeting.


No comments: