Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Ice Age 3 Clips!

Hey guys,

Check out these two awesome clips from Ice Age 3!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDnRFjOi3rA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7iPS5dnynw

I really love the animation on their new character, Buck! I can see from that first clip that he's definitely going to be my favorite character. I think everyone who worked on this film did a fantastic job and I cant wait to see it in theaters!


In other news, I have an update on my job status. I was able to catch a freelance illustration project to work on for the next few weeks. It'll delay working on my drunk Norman scene, but I really need the money for rent. Industry work wise, I'm currently waiting to hear from ReelFx. I applied for their apprenticeship program and hope to hear from them soon. I also might have a position at a small traditional animation studio in Savannah. There aren't any guarantees of course but hopefully I'll either be at ReelFx or doing some 2d animation before July.

My list of possible studios has also grown since I last posted. So far the following studios have my reel:

Disney (rejected)
Dreamworks
Pixar (rejected)
BlueSky
Tippet
Rhythm&Hues
ReelFx
Blizzard (rejected)
Sony
ILM
MPC
Framestore
Blur
Insomniac
NaughtyDog

I've gotten some great feedback from Disney and BlueSky that I cant wait to apply to my Norman scene. I just need to hurry up and make enough money for rent so I can get back to animating.

No comments: