Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The Winter Quarter

I have returned to SCAD. Class starts tomorrow. I've downloaded my syllabi. I'm going to be busy as I don't know what. I'm SO glad I started AM in the fall. Without my animation knowledge that I gained from AM, there would be no way for me to take animation 1 AND character design/animation layout at the same time! At one point I have to draw 36 thumbnails at River Street...36!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Granted, they are just thumbnails and they could have been 36 actually drawings. But still! That'll take FOREVER! I wish I didn't draw so slowly. Plus it's winter time (obviously) so it'll be cold on River Street. >_<

Now, you could say "Jocelyn, you didn't have to take the layout class in the winter quarter..." and be making a true statement. But, this is the best time for me to take it. The recommended schedule that SCAD created says to take it along with Animation 2. Some seniors have warned against taking the class with animation 1, but I'm pretty sure it would be even worse to take with animation 2 or any other future (and more advanced) class.

Anyhow, thanks to AM, I dont feel worried about animation 1. Sure, I'll continue to work as hard as I can and push myself as far as possible. But I'm not dreading it (thats what the layout class is for!) and worrying about how I'll have time to get the assignments done. I am pretty confidant that my work will be among (if not) the top in the class, simply because I have knowledge that my peers haven't learned yet (Thank you self training, various animation books, and now AnimationMentor) and because the professor knows how serious I am about this and will help push me to a higher level. I hope I didn't sound arrogant just then, and if I did, I appologise for that was not my intent. I am simply striving to be one of the best. Afterall, it's my goal to be one of the exceptional students who get hired at a major studio right after, or maybe even before graduation!

That seems like a nice place to stop for now. As I said, class starts tomorow and I know that from then till March I wont have any time to play my new xbox 360, so I'd like to get my fill of it today. I want to join xbox live, since it has a whole bunch of cool features and I would be able to play with my friend from home. Sadly, it would be a waste of money because, as I said, I won't have time to play. Plus the dorm won't let me connect anyway. The MTU (or something like that) isn't high enough for xbox live to work. I'm going to take that as a sign rather than going out and buying a router, per the suggestions of people on The Hive. I wish for all of my fellow xbox players at SCAD to have fun playing online with a bunch of friends. And would like for them to know that while they're sitting around playing games I'll be doing work, work, and even more work. Yay for insane, work-a-holic, animation majors who are hell-bent on being at the top! Lol. Bye for now.

P.s. AnimationMentor resumes on Monday.

No comments: